Problem when moving installation

Home Forums cherrytree Problem when moving installation

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  otto 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #124282

    otto
    Member

    Hi,

    FIrst I like to thank you for providing such a helpful program like cherrytree. Up until now I did not have any problem with it. I had installed cherrytree as win portable app on an USB memory stick. Unfortunately the memory stick broke down but I have a (hopefully) complete backup on a harddisk. But from this backup drive cherrytree does not start (all other programs transferred from the now broken memory stick to this harddisk work without problem). I get an error message pointing to the file cherrytree.exe.log for more information. The contents of this log file is as follows:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “cherrytree”, line 78, in <module>
    File “cherrytree”, line 49, in f_main
    File “main.pyc”, line 34, in <module>
    File “core.pyc”, line 37, in <module>
    File “pgsc_spellcheck.pyc”, line 39, in <module>
    File “pgsc_locales.pyc”, line 49, in <module>
    sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file

    I thought ok, maybe cherrytree installation got affected by the damage of the memory stick. So I downloaded a fresh portable app from sourgeforge. But when running it I get exactly the same error.

    Do you have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

    Pumpernickel

    #124283

    giuspen
    Moderator

    Hi Otto, still having the issue? Looks like it is failing to access the file glade\pgsc_locales.db https://github.com/giuspen/cherrytree/blob/master/glade/pgsc_locales.db

    #124285

    otto
    Member

    Hi giuspen, meanwhile I could solve the problem. I found the answer at https://github.com/giuspen/cherrytree/issues/90 “the path of cherrytree.exe can’t contain blankspace OR non-ascii character”. My username contained an “ΓΌ” (“u umlaut”). When I moved all files to a directory who’s path did only contain ascii characters the problem was gone.
    Funny though the path to the ctb file still contains non ascii characters but does not cause any problem.

    Best regards

    Pumpernickel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.