cherrytree 0.37.6 issued

• added auto apply of links to nodes as you type [[node name]] in rich text nodes
• the text formatted monospace has now by default gray background; configurable in config.cfg
• fixed problem causing the highlighted line to have wrong background
• fixed crash caused by too large tooltip hovering a link
• fixes to Spanish language submitted by stripTM

10 Responses to “cherrytree 0.37.6 issued”

1. Kinami says:

Excellent! The auto-linking works.
    Would it be difficult to add a little more to this feature? If “node name” does not exist yet, [[node name]] would create a child node called “node name” under the present node, and link to the new node.

2. John says:

Great, auto-links woks fine, would love to see cherrytree on Mac too.

3. Mark says:

How do you change the blue highlight color of the nodes in the tree?

The blue color is an eye sore for me and I wish for it to just be some shade of gray. thanks

4. giuspen says:

@Mark
    You can’t do it unfortunately for now

5. Nic says:

I can’t thank you enough. The node link feature is an awesome addition!! Before this, I had to write a Python application to do the dirty work.

6. Nick says:

Yes thank you for the Node-Link function

7. Guido says:

You said “text formatted monospace has now by default gray background; configurable in config.cfg”.

I have the portable edition. I cannot find any file named config.cfg in my directories. Where to look for this and which entry is required to return the old behavior?

Also in Edit / Preferences I could not find any menu item to change this.

8. giuspen says:

You will find configurable in the preferences dialog in the upcoming version. For now you have to click on top menu Help–Open Preferences directory to spot config.cfg and edit with a text editor. Search for “monospace_bg”

9. jos says:

When we can expect an official Cherry Tree installer for Mac.

Thanks in advance.

10. giuspen says:

@jos: I do not own a Mac and don’t know the OS at all, somebody should help with this